Saturday, December 2, 2017

E90 Warning lights.


After way too long I finally found the message for the warning lights. It is on ARBID 592.  It is an 8 byte message.  Byte1 and the first bit of byte 2 are the "Error ID".


 
The error ID is referenced in documents for the "check control symbols" like this one.   Before I found one of the documents I just made a program that cycled through the error codes one at a time.  Found that not all the symbols are explained in the document.


 

Like this one to the right.  It is error ID 153 (0x99).  I expect this one is for a police version of the car.  Anyway it made me laugh.





ARBID 592 as far as I have made out so far is as follows
length - 8
B0 - set to 40 seems to be for errors
B1 - Low byte of Error ID
B2 - First bit is part of Error ID. Rest unknown
B3 - the first bit indicates on or off. 1 on, 0 off.  Other bits seem to effect how long it is on.
B4 through B7 are unknown. For the bulb check FF or 0 is there.  Expect it has something to do with
conditions when the error was set.

Anyway have fun.  Here is a video of my test bench showing a few of the symbols

2 comments:

  1. cansend can0 592#400990FFFFFFFFFF ?
    such a frame does not work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Taniel. Could you please share a final HEX'es for 153? Can't light it up on my e92 cluster..

    ReplyDelete