Wednesday, September 19, 2018

2011 Chevy Volt Bus systems

Last week I bought a 2011 Chevy Volt.  Was wanting an EV and after comparing the used EV's on the market we went with the Volt.  I've owned cars for about 30 years and this is the FIRST GM car I've ever owned.  I've done a bit of GM bus work for engine swaps (I did own a GM LS1 V8 but I put it in a BMW).  But now I'm a bit more interested in how things work.  In looking for bus diagrams I was having some difficulty.  And I found 2 OBDII ports in my car.  After some time with a repair manual I drew up these diagrams.  Perhaps they will be helpful to someone.  They will be for me.



Expect the diagrams would also apply to the Opel Ampera

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving your posts! I have an e46 and an e90 that I'm converting to electric soon. Your info has really helped to push the project forward. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete